- NWF State College Student Interning with Oregon's Institute of Marine Biology
- Winners Named in 29th Annual James and Christian LaRoche Memorial Poetry Contest
- Mallett Named Army ROTC Superior Cadet for 2014-15
- Collegiate High Senior Named Forensics Student of the Month
- Jazz Ensemble Members Earn Top Honors at Pensacola Jazz Competition
- Bethany Fralish takes lessons learned at NWF State College with her on path to become teacher
- Vanessa Payne meets all challenges to reach goal of bachelor’s degree
- Benji Bell named FCSAA Male Athlete of the Year
- NWF State College students advance to SkillsUSA National Championships
- New Pacesetters selected at Northwest Florida State College
- Student nurses help children at diabetes camp
- New student ambassadors chosen at Northwest Florida State College
- CBA’s Alison McDowell celebrated as a local hero
- McGill co-authors book on policing's impact on those in uniform
- Collin Zeigler selected as a Chancellor's Student of the Month
- Pickler earns first at Gulf Coast Steinway Society Awards Music Festival
- Student Government Association leaders installed for 2015-16
- Ribando's composition to be performed by Virginia orchestra
- Two NWF State College students named Coca-Cola Leaders of Promise Scholars
- Smith recognized as top welding instructor in region
- Foundation scholarship propels Cadey Moody toward bachelor’s degree
- Collegiate High's Sarah Pabst signs to golf for Crimson Tide
- SGA attends statewide legislative and leadership conference in Miami
- Central Gulf Industrial Alliance endorses NWF State College welding program
- New college police department now patrolling two campuses
- SGA members attend Florida College System Student Government Association conference
- Northwest Florida State College setting the pace for environmental excellence
- Winners named in 30th James and Christian LaRoche Poetry Contest
- Father and son share Raider championship bond
- Former Raider softball star earns national player of the week honors
New Student Ambassadors Chosen
Ten young men and women formally signed their contracts on Aug. 6 to become the newest members of the Northwest Florida State College RaiderRep student ambassadors. The RaiderReps serve as the official hosts and hostesses of the college. They are well-spoken, enthusiastic student leaders who represent the college at special events and activities, lead campus tours, and assist in recruitment efforts.
The signing took place at a luncheon attended by returning ambassadors and college leadership, including President Dr. Ty Handy. The luncheon was held in the midst of a two-day training session to introduce the new ambassadors to their duties and responsibilities as representatives of the college. They also participated in a variety of team-building activities with returning ambassadors.
The new ambassadors are Ray Bolen of DeFuniak Springs (current NWF student), Taylor Brock of Crestview (2014 Crestview High School graduate), Pixie Fluhrer of Crestview (2014 Rocky Bayou Christian School graduate), Lauren Gordon of Laurel Hill (2014 Laurel Hill High School graduate), Chase Knight of Fort Walton Beach (2014 Choctawhatchee High School graduate), Austin Mallett of Niceville (current NWF student), Daceya McDuffie of Niceville (2014 Niceville High School graduate), Alijah Veneszee of Fort Walton Beach (current NWF student), Hayley Woods of Fort Walton Beach (2014 Fort Walton Beach High School graduate), and Collin Zeigler of Mary Esther (2014 Fort Walton Beach High School graduate).
They join returning ambassadors Alex Andrews of Crestview, Bethany Fralish of Niceville, Courtney Jones of Crestview, Patrick Palkowski of Freeport, Jennifer Paskell of Crestview, Angela Roy of Destin, Rani Simmons of Freeport, and Patrick Wallace of Niceville.
The RaiderRep student ambassador program is entering its fourth year.