- NWF State College Student Interning with Oregon's Institute of Marine Biology
- Winners Named in 29th Annual James and Christian LaRoche Memorial Poetry Contest
- Mallett Named Army ROTC Superior Cadet for 2014-15
- Collegiate High Senior Named Forensics Student of the Month
- Jazz Ensemble Members Earn Top Honors at Pensacola Jazz Competition
- Bethany Fralish takes lessons learned at NWF State College with her on path to become teacher
- Vanessa Payne meets all challenges to reach goal of bachelor’s degree
- Benji Bell named FCSAA Male Athlete of the Year
- NWF State College students advance to SkillsUSA National Championships
- New Pacesetters selected at Northwest Florida State College
- Student nurses help children at diabetes camp
- New student ambassadors chosen at Northwest Florida State College
- CBA’s Alison McDowell celebrated as a local hero
- McGill co-authors book on policing's impact on those in uniform
- Collin Zeigler selected as a Chancellor's Student of the Month
- Pickler earns first at Gulf Coast Steinway Society Awards Music Festival
- Student Government Association leaders installed for 2015-16
- Ribando's composition to be performed by Virginia orchestra
- Two NWF State College students named Coca-Cola Leaders of Promise Scholars
- Smith recognized as top welding instructor in region
- Foundation scholarship propels Cadey Moody toward bachelor’s degree
- Collegiate High's Sarah Pabst signs to golf for Crimson Tide
- SGA attends statewide legislative and leadership conference in Miami
- Central Gulf Industrial Alliance endorses NWF State College welding program
- New college police department now patrolling two campuses
- SGA members attend Florida College System Student Government Association conference
- Northwest Florida State College setting the pace for environmental excellence
- Winners named in 30th James and Christian LaRoche Poetry Contest
- Father and son share Raider championship bond
- Former Raider softball star earns national player of the week honors
- NWF State College Vice-President Emeritus, Dr. David Goetsch, Inducted into Florida Veterans Hall of Fame
Benji Bell Named Men's Basketball Player of the Year; DeMeo Top Coach
Northwest Florida State College's Benji Bell has been named the NJCAA Region 8/FCSAA Men's Basketball Player of the Year. In addition, Bell, a sophomore from Gainesville, Fla., was named Most Valuable Player of the NJCAA Region 8/FCSAA state basketball tournament, leading the Raiders to the championship and the No. 2 seed in the NJCAA men's national tournament.
Also honored was Raiders men's basketball coach Steve DeMeo, who was named NJCAA Region 8/FCSAA Men's Basketball Coach of the Year. DeMeo is in his second year at the helm.
Bell is averaging 17 points per game on 50 percent shooting, including 47 percent from the three-point line. He also leads the Raiders in assists and steals per game. "He's probably the hardest worker we've had the last two years," DeMeo said of Bell. "To see him mature the way he has, it's great to see him get the recognition he deserves."
The Raiders, 29-2, have a bye in the first round of the national tournament and will play their first game on March 18 against the San Jacinto-Columbia State winner.
The Lady Raiders, 26-4, also are headed to the NJCAA women's tournament as the No. 9 seed after finishing runner-up in the NJCAA Region 8/FCSAA state tournament and earning an at-large bid to the national tourney. They play their first game on March 16 against Murray State.
For more information on Raiders Athletics, visit www.nwfraiders.com.