- NWF State College Student Interning with Oregon's Institute of Marine Biology
- Winners Named in 29th Annual James and Christian LaRoche Memorial Poetry Contest
- Mallett Named Army ROTC Superior Cadet for 2014-15
- Collegiate High Senior Named Forensics Student of the Month
- Jazz Ensemble Members Earn Top Honors at Pensacola Jazz Competition
- Bethany Fralish takes lessons learned at NWF State College with her on path to become teacher
- Vanessa Payne meets all challenges to reach goal of bachelor’s degree
- Benji Bell named FCSAA Male Athlete of the Year
- NWF State College students advance to SkillsUSA National Championships
- New Pacesetters selected at Northwest Florida State College
- Student nurses help children at diabetes camp
- New student ambassadors chosen at Northwest Florida State College
- CBA’s Alison McDowell celebrated as a local hero
- McGill co-authors book on policing's impact on those in uniform
- Collin Zeigler selected as a Chancellor's Student of the Month
- Pickler earns first at Gulf Coast Steinway Society Awards Music Festival
- Student Government Association leaders installed for 2015-16
- Ribando's composition to be performed by Virginia orchestra
- Two NWF State College students named Coca-Cola Leaders of Promise Scholars
- Smith recognized as top welding instructor in region
- Foundation scholarship propels Cadey Moody toward bachelor’s degree
- Collegiate High's Sarah Pabst signs to golf for Crimson Tide
- SGA attends statewide legislative and leadership conference in Miami
- Central Gulf Industrial Alliance endorses NWF State College welding program
- New college police department now patrolling two campuses
- SGA members attend Florida College System Student Government Association conference
- Northwest Florida State College setting the pace for environmental excellence
- Winners named in 30th James and Christian LaRoche Poetry Contest
- Father and son share Raider championship bond
- Former Raider softball star earns national player of the week honors
- NWF State College Vice-President Emeritus, Dr. David Goetsch, Inducted into Florida Veterans Hall of Fame
- Dr. Devin Stephenson Selected for SACSCOC Board of Trustees
- Myers donates $1 million to the Northwest Florida State College Learning Resources Center and establishes College Scholarships
- Northwest Florida State College Foundation Announces Dale E. Peterson Hospitality Scholarship Endowment
- Collegiate High Instructor Named as High Impact Teacher
- NWF alumna Emily Hils continues on a path of success
- Collegiate High Student Cailey Ness selected as National Merit Finalist
- Collegiate High Student Nick Gestring will represent NWF in Washington D.C.
- NWF Jazz Band Earns Accolades and Will Perform Free Concert
- NWF alumni honored with Navy Meritorious Civilian Service Award
Foundation scholarship propels Cadey Moody toward bachelor’s degree
Cadey Moody remembers being in her “Management Philosophy and Practice” class this past summer when her professor, Dr. David Goetsch, told the class, “Management is planning, organizing, leading and controlling.” Moody recalls thinking, “Those are the four things I know,” and it set her on her current path toward a Bachelor of Science in project management from Northwest Florida State College.
The first person in her family to attend college, Moody graduated with her associate in arts degree from NWF in May before embarking on the bachelor’s program. That she has made it this far in her college education is something she attributes to the help of a scholarship awarded through the NWF State College Foundation. Moody delivered a heartfelt speech at the Foundation’s annual Scholars and Donors Luncheon on Oct. 23, telling the audience her scholarship “has made dreams that I never deemed possible come true” and thanking the donors whose generosity makes such scholarships possible.
“When you donate a scholarship to this institution, it’s not just a financial investment that you make. It’s a statement of belief in us to go on and reach new heights,” Moody told the donors on behalf of all scholarship recipients. “Thank you for keeping us humble, and thank you for being the perfect example of what selfless giving looks like.”
Another topic the Crestview resident is passionate about is the benefit of getting an education at Northwest Florida State College. In fact, she often shares her thoughts about NWF with the students she teaches as a substitute teacher at her alma mater, Crestview High School.
“It just makes sense to me,” she says of attending NWF State College. “It’s affordable. Foundation scholarships are available if you just apply.”
Moody also cites small class sizes, the opportunity to get to know her classmates, and the quality of the instructional staff as advantages of attending NWF.
“You will not find better teachers and professors than at Northwest Florida State College. Every class I’ve taken here, they take the time to know the student as a person,” said Moody, who hopes to graduate with her B.S. by spring 2017 and put her project management degree to work in the local area.
“I love telling high school students to come here because I’ve had such a good experience here. I believe in the education I’ve gotten here.”
For information on Northwest Florida State College Foundation scholarships, contact Carla Reinlie at 850-729-6468 or firstname.lastname@example.org.