- NWF State College Student Interning with Oregon's Institute of Marine Biology
- Winners Named in 29th Annual James and Christian LaRoche Memorial Poetry Contest
- Mallett Named Army ROTC Superior Cadet for 2014-15
- Collegiate High Senior Named Forensics Student of the Month
- Jazz Ensemble Members Earn Top Honors at Pensacola Jazz Competition
- Bethany Fralish takes lessons learned at NWF State College with her on path to become teacher
- Vanessa Payne meets all challenges to reach goal of bachelor’s degree
- Benji Bell named FCSAA Male Athlete of the Year
- NWF State College students advance to SkillsUSA National Championships
Two NWF State College students named Coca-Cola Leaders of Promise Scholars
Northwest Florida State College students Zachary Binford and Irangel Castro Puello have been selected as 2015 Coca-Cola Leaders of Promise Scholars. More than 1,100 applications were received for the Leaders of Promise Scholarship, and the students’ selection was based on the scores they earned in Phi Theta Kappa's Spring Scholarship Application competition.
The Leaders of Promise Scholarship is designed to provide new members of Phi Theta Kappa – an honor society that recognizes and encourages academic achievement by two-year college students – with financial resources to help defray educational expenses while enrolled in a two-year college and encourage participation in PTK programs.
As Coca-Cola Leaders of Promise Scholars, Binford and Castro Puello, who are both members of the NWF State College PTK chapter, will each receive a $1,000 scholarship.
PHOTOS: Irangel Castro Puello (left), Zachary Binford (right)