- NWF State College Student Interning with Oregon's Institute of Marine Biology
- Winners Named in 29th Annual James and Christian LaRoche Memorial Poetry Contest
- Mallett Named Army ROTC Superior Cadet for 2014-15
- Collegiate High Senior Named Forensics Student of the Month
- Jazz Ensemble Members Earn Top Honors at Pensacola Jazz Competition
- Bethany Fralish takes lessons learned at NWF State College with her on path to become teacher
- Vanessa Payne meets all challenges to reach goal of bachelor’s degree
- Benji Bell named FCSAA Male Athlete of the Year
- NWF State College students advance to SkillsUSA National Championships
- Spotlight Example
Forensics Team Produces State Champions, Finishes Third Overall at FCSAA State Tournament
Northwest Florida State College students Taegan Dennis and Brockton Higgins were state champions in Parliamentary Debate and Hanah Chaudhry a state champion in Poetry at the 2015 Florida College System Activities Association (FCSAA) State Forensics Tournament.
Overall, the NWF State College Forensics Team finished third at the tournament held Feb. 5-7 in Jacksonville, with all team members scoring high. Team member accomplishments were as follows:
- Hanah Chaudhry of Mary Esther was first in Poetry and fifth in Persuasive Speaking.
- Taegan Dennis of Fort Walton Beach was first in Parliamentary Debate, along with teammate Brockton Higgins. Plus, she had highest speaker points among all parliamentary debaters. She also was first in Persuasive Speaking and second in Impromptu Speaking.
- Ian Eberle of Crestview was third in Persuasive Speaking.
- Brockton Higgins of Freeport was first in Parliamentary Debate, along with teammate Taegan Dennis.
- Robert Smith of Shalimar was fifth in Program Oral Interpretation and sixth in Poetry.
- Sam Traver of Niceville was sixth in Extemporaneous Speaking.
In addition, team coach Cecil Scalf was voted FCSAA 2015 Forensics Coach of the Year by forensics coaches from throughout the state.
For more information about joining the NWF State College Forensics Team, contact Scalf at 897-2080 or email@example.com.
Group photo: (L-R) Robert Smith, Taegan Dennis, Hanah Chaudhry, Sam Traver, Ian Eberle
Individual photo: Brockton Higgins