- NWF State College Student Interning with Oregon's Institute of Marine Biology
- Winners Named in 29th Annual James and Christian LaRoche Memorial Poetry Contest
- Mallett Named Army ROTC Superior Cadet for 2014-15
- Collegiate High Senior Named Forensics Student of the Month
- Jazz Ensemble Members Earn Top Honors at Pensacola Jazz Competition
- Bethany Fralish takes lessons learned at NWF State College with her on path to become teacher
- Vanessa Payne meets all challenges to reach goal of bachelor’s degree
- Benji Bell named FCSAA Male Athlete of the Year
- NWF State College students advance to SkillsUSA National Championships
- Spotlight Example
- NWF State College Energy Savings: Chalk up a million for good behavior
Gaius Bruce recognized for 50 years of service
Aug. 17, 2016
Gaius Bruce was hired as a physical education teacher at then-Okaloosa-Walton Junior College on Aug. 22, 1966, not long after the school first opened its doors. At Northwest Florida State College's Fall Semester Summit breakfast held on Aug. 16, 2016, Bruce was honored for a half-century of service to the college.
Bruce, of Navarre, received a service award from Interim President Dr. Sasha Jarrell as faculty and staff members gave him a standing ovation.
Over the years, Bruce served in a variety of roles, including faculty member, coordinator of student activities, track and golf coach, and president of the statewide Association of Florida Colleges. After retiring in 2004, he was quickly rehired as an adjunct faculty member and continued in that capacity until this year.
With 50 years under his belt, Bruce's enthusiasm for NWF State College has not diminished. "Working for the college," he says, "was the best decision I ever made."