- NWF State College Student Interning with Oregon's Institute of Marine Biology
- Winners Named in 29th Annual James and Christian LaRoche Memorial Poetry Contest
- Mallett Named Army ROTC Superior Cadet for 2014-15
- Collegiate High Senior Named Forensics Student of the Month
- Jazz Ensemble Members Earn Top Honors at Pensacola Jazz Competition
- Bethany Fralish takes lessons learned at NWF State College with her on path to become teacher
- Vanessa Payne meets all challenges to reach goal of bachelor’s degree
- Benji Bell named FCSAA Male Athlete of the Year
- NWF State College students advance to SkillsUSA National Championships
- Spotlight Example
- NWF State College Energy Savings: Chalk up a million for good behavior
Goodson named Chancellor's Student of the Month
September 3, 2014
Haley Goodson, who graduated from Northwest Florida State College in May, has been recognized by the Florida College System as a Chancellor's Student of the Month for September. Goodson will receive a letter and certificate from the chancellor of the Division of Florida Colleges, and she is featured in the September edition of the FCS newsletter, which is distributed to more than 800 people across the state.
Goodson earned her Associate of Arts degree with a 3.93 GPA and was selected as an NJCAA Superior Academic All-American. In addition to her excellence in the classroom, Goodson also shined on the field and in the community. She earned a scholarship with Georgia Southwestern State University to continue her softball career and is working toward her bachelor's degree in education.
In its nomination of Goodson for the honor, the Raider Athletics Department wrote: "Our college has had the distinct privilege of having Ms. Goodson as a student-athlete for the past two seasons. Haley is one of those special student-athletes who will always stand out to us because of her leadership, academic achievements, athletic accomplishments, and passion for community outreach.
"Academically, there's no question that Haley has set a standard that very few achieve. Haley was also a leader for her team and was actively involved in numerous community service projects like the Wounded Warrior Project, Crestview Rotary Club functions, and conducting clinics for various communities. These are all traits that we feel embody a model student."
See the Chancellor's Students of the Month.