- NWF State College Student Interning with Oregon's Institute of Marine Biology
- Winners Named in 29th Annual James and Christian LaRoche Memorial Poetry Contest
- Mallett Named Army ROTC Superior Cadet for 2014-15
- Collegiate High Senior Named Forensics Student of the Month
- Jazz Ensemble Members Earn Top Honors at Pensacola Jazz Competition
- Bethany Fralish takes lessons learned at NWF State College with her on path to become teacher
- Vanessa Payne meets all challenges to reach goal of bachelor’s degree
- Benji Bell named FCSAA Male Athlete of the Year
- NWF State College students advance to SkillsUSA National Championships
- New Pacesetters selected at Northwest Florida State College
- Student nurses help children at diabetes camp
- New student ambassadors chosen at Northwest Florida State College
- CBA’s Alison McDowell celebrated as a local hero
- McGill co-authors book on policing's impact on those in uniform
- Collin Zeigler selected as a Chancellor's Student of the Month
- Pickler earns first at Gulf Coast Steinway Society Awards Music Festival
- Student Government Association leaders installed for 2015-16
- Ribando's composition to be performed by Virginia orchestra
- Two NWF State College students named Coca-Cola Leaders of Promise Scholars
- Smith recognized as top welding instructor in region
- Foundation scholarship propels Cadey Moody toward bachelor’s degree
- Collegiate High's Sarah Pabst signs to golf for Crimson Tide
- SGA attends statewide legislative and leadership conference in Miami
- Central Gulf Industrial Alliance endorses NWF State College welding program
- New college police department now patrolling two campuses
- SGA members attend Florida College System Student Government Association conference
- Northwest Florida State College setting the pace for environmental excellence
- Winners named in 30th James and Christian LaRoche Poetry Contest
- Father and son share Raider championship bond
- Former Raider softball star earns national player of the week honors
Pickler earns first at Gulf Coast Steinway Society Awards Music Festival
Northwest Florida State College student Katie Pickler of Niceville recently won first place in the college division (undergraduate division) at the Gulf Coast Steinway Society Awards Music Festival hosted by the University of Mobile. The honor carried with it a $500 award. She placed above students from three states and entrants from major universities.
Pickler has been a vocal scholarship recipient and member of the NWF State College’s Madrigals Singers and Soundsations Showchoir, as well as a featured soloist with the Northwest Florida Symphony Orchestra. She appeared in the lead role of Laurey in this past summer’s college musical production of “Oklahoma!” and also appeared in “Les Miserables” and “Spamalot,” among other performances. She plans to continue her vocal performance studies at Florida State University in fall 2016.
Dr. Jeremy Ribando, chair of the NWF State College Humanities, Fine and Performing Arts Division, praised Katie’s accomplishment and noted that she ranks among the most talented vocal performance majors in his 10 years at the college. “We’re so proud of Katie and know she will continue to flourish in both operatic and musical theater genres as she moves forward with her education,” Ribando said.
The Division of Humanities, Fine and Performing Arts offers academic programs and performance opportunities for students interested in the arts. Together with the Mattie Kelly Arts Center, the division presents opportunities for instruction and professional-level experiences in dance, theater, voice, music and visual arts. Ten different ensembles regularly perform throughout the year.
For more information, call 850-729-5382 or visit the Division of Humanities, Fine and Performing Arts website.