- NWF State College Student Interning with Oregon's Institute of Marine Biology
- Winners Named in 29th Annual James and Christian LaRoche Memorial Poetry Contest
- Mallett Named Army ROTC Superior Cadet for 2014-15
- Collegiate High Senior Named Forensics Student of the Month
- Jazz Ensemble Members Earn Top Honors at Pensacola Jazz Competition
- Bethany Fralish takes lessons learned at NWF State College with her on path to become teacher
- Vanessa Payne meets all challenges to reach goal of bachelor’s degree
- Benji Bell named FCSAA Male Athlete of the Year
- NWF State College students advance to SkillsUSA National Championships
- New Pacesetters selected at Northwest Florida State College
- Student nurses help children at diabetes camp
- New student ambassadors chosen at Northwest Florida State College
- CBA’s Alison McDowell celebrated as a local hero
- McGill co-authors book on policing's impact on those in uniform
- Collin Zeigler selected as a Chancellor's Student of the Month
- Pickler earns first at Gulf Coast Steinway Society Awards Music Festival
- Student Government Association leaders installed for 2015-16
- Ribando's composition to be performed by Virginia orchestra
- Two NWF State College students named Coca-Cola Leaders of Promise Scholars
- Smith recognized as top welding instructor in region
- Foundation scholarship propels Cadey Moody toward bachelor’s degree
- Collegiate High's Sarah Pabst signs to golf for Crimson Tide
- SGA attends statewide legislative and leadership conference in Miami
- Central Gulf Industrial Alliance endorses NWF State College welding program
- New college police department now patrolling two campuses
- SGA members attend Florida College System Student Government Association conference
- Northwest Florida State College setting the pace for environmental excellence
- Winners named in 30th James and Christian LaRoche Poetry Contest
- Father and son share Raider championship bond
- Former Raider softball star earns national player of the week honors
- NWF State College Vice-President Emeritus, Dr. David Goetsch, Inducted into Florida Veterans Hall of Fame
- Dr. Devin Stephenson Selected for SACSCOC Board of Trustees
- Myers donates $1 million to the Northwest Florida State College Learning Resources Center and establishes College Scholarships
- Northwest Florida State College Foundation Announces Dale E. Peterson Hospitality Scholarship Endowment
- Collegiate High Instructor Named as High Impact Teacher
- NWF alumna Emily Hils continues on a path of success
Mickey Englett to be Honored with Court Dedication
Northwest Florida State College and Raider Athletics are set to honor Mickey Englett with the formal dedication of Mickey Englett Court inside the prized Raider Arena on Saturday, January 10, 2015, during the Raiders' Panhandle Conference matchup with Pensacola State College.
"Mickey's leadership while at NWF State College helped to bring Raider Athletics to where we are today," said Dr. Ty Handy, college president. "We are excited to have the opportunity to formally dedicate the Mickey Englett Court and pay tribute to him and his great service to our college."
"Coach Englett is the pioneer of Raider Athletics. With each win we accumulate and with every degree our student-athletes earn, his fingerprints are all over it," said Athletic Director Ramsey Ross. "Our athletic programs benefit every single day from his vision and service to our college, and I'm extremely thrilled about this special dedication to him."
Englett is most widely known in the community as the former Director of Athletics and District Dean of Student Services at NWF State College where he served from 1990-2012 and women's basketball head coach from 1991-93. While at NWF State College, he reinstituted intercollegiate athletics after a 12-year absence and worked tirelessly to foster the current infrastructure of Raider Athletics. Among his many notable accomplishments at NWF State College were the oversight of the design and construction of the Raider Baseball and Softball Sports Complex, including the Raider Strength Center, and the $36 million facility known as Raider Arena. Englett was also responsible for the development of the highly successfully Raider Club, which supplements institutional scholarship assistance and has given NWF State College the freedom to offer some of the most competitive scholarship packages in the country for both male and female NJCAA athletes. Englett is also widely respected throughout his field for his work for gender equity. He developed the Gender Equity plan for NWF State College that has placed the college as one of the most Title IX-compliant institutions in the country.
During his tenure as a coach and as Athletic Director, Englett was instrumental in the success of Raider Athletics. Under his leadership, Raider Athletics earned 20 Panhandle Conference championships, 42 state/district tournament appearances, seven national tournament appearances, and one NJCAA national championship (men's basketball, 1995). He was also the first coach in school history to win an FCSAA/NJCAA district tournament and take a team to an NJCAA national tournament. Perhaps one of his most valued accomplishments during his time at the college was that nearly 400 Raiders signed four-year scholarships or professional contracts.
In addition to his duties as Athletic Director at NWF State College, Englett served as the FCSAA/NJCAA Region VIII Commissioner for Women's Athletics for 16 years and chaired the Council of Athletic Affairs. Englett has been honored on numerous occasions for his work, including receiving the FCSAA Distinguished Service Award, being inducted into the FCSAA Hall of Fame, the FCSAA and NJCAA Women's Basketball Hall of Fame, and the Northwest Florida All-Sports Association Hall of Fame, and being named NATYCAA/NACDA Athletic Director of the Year in 2001.
The court dedication ceremony will take place on Saturday, Jan. 10, in Raider Arena when the Raiders face Pensacola State College in Panhandle Conference action. The Lady Raiders tip off at 5:30 p.m. and the Raider Men follow at 7:30 p.m., with the dedication ceremony taking place just before the men's game.