- NWF State College Student Interning with Oregon's Institute of Marine Biology
- Winners Named in 29th Annual James and Christian LaRoche Memorial Poetry Contest
- Mallett Named Army ROTC Superior Cadet for 2014-15
- Collegiate High Senior Named Forensics Student of the Month
- Jazz Ensemble Members Earn Top Honors at Pensacola Jazz Competition
- Bethany Fralish takes lessons learned at NWF State College with her on path to become teacher
- Vanessa Payne meets all challenges to reach goal of bachelor’s degree
- Benji Bell named FCSAA Male Athlete of the Year
- NWF State College students advance to SkillsUSA National Championships
- New Pacesetters selected at Northwest Florida State College
- Student nurses help children at diabetes camp
- New student ambassadors chosen at Northwest Florida State College
- CBA’s Alison McDowell celebrated as a local hero
- McGill co-authors book on policing's impact on those in uniform
- Collin Zeigler selected as a Chancellor's Student of the Month
- Pickler earns first at Gulf Coast Steinway Society Awards Music Festival
- Student Government Association leaders installed for 2015-16
- Ribando's composition to be performed by Virginia orchestra
- Two NWF State College students named Coca-Cola Leaders of Promise Scholars
- Smith recognized as top welding instructor in region
- Foundation scholarship propels Cadey Moody toward bachelor’s degree
- Collegiate High's Sarah Pabst signs to golf for Crimson Tide
- SGA attends statewide legislative and leadership conference in Miami
- Central Gulf Industrial Alliance endorses NWF State College welding program
- New college police department now patrolling two campuses
- SGA members attend Florida College System Student Government Association conference
- Northwest Florida State College setting the pace for environmental excellence
- Winners named in 30th James and Christian LaRoche Poetry Contest
- Father and son share Raider championship bond
- Former Raider softball star earns national player of the week honors
- NWF State College Vice-President Emeritus, Dr. David Goetsch, Inducted into Florida Veterans Hall of Fame
- Dr. Devin Stephenson Selected for SACSCOC Board of Trustees
- Myers donates $1 million to the Northwest Florida State College Learning Resources Center and establishes College Scholarships
- Northwest Florida State College Foundation Announces Dale E. Peterson Hospitality Scholarship Endowment
- Collegiate High Instructor Named as High Impact Teacher
- NWF alumna Emily Hils continues on a path of success
- Collegiate High Student Cailey Ness selected as National Merit Finalist
- Collegiate High Student Nick Gestring will represent NWF in Washington D.C.
- NWF Jazz Band Earns Accolades and Will Perform Free Concert
- NWF alumni honored with Navy Meritorious Civilian Service Award
- NWF State College: A great atmosphere for learning
- NWF alumnus continues history of great achievement
New Pacesetters selected at Northwest Florida State College
At a June 22 luncheon, Northwest Florida State College honored the newest members of the college's Pacesetters group. The young men were selected after a competitive interview process involving a committee of college staff and community members.
The Pacesetters Scholarship Program assists African-American males who graduated from high school in Okaloosa or Walton counties and will attend college for the first time during the upcoming fall term. The scholarship is valued at $1,000 per academic year. The experience of serving as a Pacesetter includes the opportunity to be mentored by community leaders, as well as a requirement to complete the Service Learning Seminar course, through which the Pacesetters volunteer as mentors in local elementary schools.
The new Pacesetters are Rahshawn Caldwell of DeFuniak Springs (Walton High School); Tyler James of Crestview (Niceville High School); Anquan Lee Jr. of Crestview (Niceville High School); Charterion Moore of Crestview (Crestview High School); and Erik Young of Niceville (Niceville High School).
Also at the luncheon, two former Pacesetters, Romello Hillsman and Brent Marshall, were recognized for overcoming adversity to earn their degree from NWF State College. And a ceremonial check was presented representing the Alpha Phi Alpha fraternity's annual donation to fund one of the Pacesetter scholarships.
Pacesetters signing: Four of Northwest Florida State College's five new Pacesetters are shown signing their contracts on June 22. L-R: Rahshawn Caldwell, Charterion Moore, Anquan Lee, and Erik Young. Not pictured: Tyler James.
Pacesetters check: Alpha Phi Alpha fraternity donates $2,000 each year to fund one of the Pacesetters scholarships at NWF State College. Shown holding the check are recipient Anquan Lee and Interim Director of Student Life Sam Hill.