- NWF State College Student Interning with Oregon's Institute of Marine Biology
- Winners Named in 29th Annual James and Christian LaRoche Memorial Poetry Contest
- Mallett Named Army ROTC Superior Cadet for 2014-15
- Collegiate High Senior Named Forensics Student of the Month
- Jazz Ensemble Members Earn Top Honors at Pensacola Jazz Competition
- Bethany Fralish takes lessons learned at NWF State College with her on path to become teacher
- Vanessa Payne meets all challenges to reach goal of bachelor’s degree
- Benji Bell named FCSAA Male Athlete of the Year
- NWF State College students advance to SkillsUSA National Championships
- New Pacesetters selected at Northwest Florida State College
- Student nurses help children at diabetes camp
- New student ambassadors chosen at Northwest Florida State College
- CBA’s Alison McDowell celebrated as a local hero
- McGill co-authors book on policing's impact on those in uniform
- Collin Zeigler selected as a Chancellor's Student of the Month
- Pickler earns first at Gulf Coast Steinway Society Awards Music Festival
- Student Government Association leaders installed for 2015-16
- Ribando's composition to be performed by Virginia orchestra
- Two NWF State College students named Coca-Cola Leaders of Promise Scholars
- Smith recognized as top welding instructor in region
- Foundation scholarship propels Cadey Moody toward bachelor’s degree
- Collegiate High's Sarah Pabst signs to golf for Crimson Tide
- SGA attends statewide legislative and leadership conference in Miami
- Central Gulf Industrial Alliance endorses NWF State College welding program
- New college police department now patrolling two campuses
- SGA members attend Florida College System Student Government Association conference
- Northwest Florida State College setting the pace for environmental excellence
- Winners named in 30th James and Christian LaRoche Poetry Contest
- Father and son share Raider championship bond
- Former Raider softball star earns national player of the week honors
- NWF State College Vice-President Emeritus, Dr. David Goetsch, Inducted into Florida Veterans Hall of Fame
- Dr. Devin Stephenson Selected for SACSCOC Board of Trustees
- Myers donates $1 million to the Northwest Florida State College Learning Resources Center and establishes College Scholarships
- Northwest Florida State College Foundation Announces Dale E. Peterson Hospitality Scholarship Endowment
- Collegiate High Instructor Named as High Impact Teacher
- NWF alumna Emily Hils continues on a path of success
- Collegiate High Student Cailey Ness selected as National Merit Finalist
- Collegiate High Student Nick Gestring will represent NWF in Washington D.C.
- NWF Jazz Band Earns Accolades and Will Perform Free Concert
Northwest Florida State College Foundation Announces Dale E. Peterson Hospitality Scholarship Endowment
February 2, 2017
NICEVILLE- On February 1, 2017, Dale E. Peterson, owner of Dale E. Peterson Vacations and Dale E. Peterson Realty, Inc., gave $25,000 to the NWF State College Foundation to establish the Dale E. Peterson Hospitality Scholarship Endowment. This merit-based scholarship will be used to provide scholarship support to student(s) majoring in the college’s new hospitality program.
True to its community college heritage of listening and responding to community needs, NWF State College will introduce a new Associates of Science degree program in fall 2017; Hospitality and Tourism Management. Tourism is a driving force in Northwest Florida’s economy and gaining momentum. With an expected increase of 12 percent by 2023, jobs in the hospitality industry are growing at the fastest rate of any industry except for health care. The Hospitality and Tourism program structure will be aligned with Northwest Florida’s brand of tourism and will address current demand for hospitality employers.
“Committed to excellence, NWF State College is grateful to community leaders such as Dale Peterson, who are willing to generously invest in the lives of our students and benefit the community as a whole,” said Dr. Devin Stephenson, NWF State College President.
Dale E. Peterson is the current Chairman of the Okaloosa County Tourist Development Council; is active in the Economic Development Council of Okaloosa County, Destin Fishing Rodeo, Inc., Destin Chamber of Commerce and the Destin Fishing Fleet, Inc., Northwest Florida State College Foundation, and was appointed by Gov. Jeb Bush to the Emerald Coast Bridge Authority. He received the Florida Realtors Achievement Award in 2012, and was selected as the Destin Realtor of the Year in 1996 and again in 2003. He was recognized with the NWF State College Foundation Chairman’s Award in 2016.
“I have lived in Northwest Florida all my life and have been involved in the hospitality and tourism industry for over 30 years,” said Dale Peterson. “I’m honored to contribute a $25,000 endowment to the college and hope that other industry leaders consider this a challenge and opportunity to participate in the start of the exciting Hospitality Management Program at Northwest Florida State College.”
The NWF State College Foundation is actively seeking additional scholarship funds to help seed the inaugural class. For more information about scholarship and partnership opportunities please call the NWF State College Foundation office at 850-729-5357.
PHOTO: Dale Peterson (center) presents the scholarship check to Mitch Mongell, NWF Foundation Board Chair (left) and Dr. Devin Stephenson, NWF State College President (right).