- NWF State College Student Interning with Oregon's Institute of Marine Biology
- Winners Named in 29th Annual James and Christian LaRoche Memorial Poetry Contest
- Mallett Named Army ROTC Superior Cadet for 2014-15
- Collegiate High Senior Named Forensics Student of the Month
- Jazz Ensemble Members Earn Top Honors at Pensacola Jazz Competition
- Bethany Fralish takes lessons learned at NWF State College with her on path to become teacher
- Vanessa Payne meets all challenges to reach goal of bachelor’s degree
- Benji Bell named FCSAA Male Athlete of the Year
- NWF State College students advance to SkillsUSA National Championships
- New Pacesetters selected at Northwest Florida State College
- Student nurses help children at diabetes camp
- New student ambassadors chosen at Northwest Florida State College
- CBA’s Alison McDowell celebrated as a local hero
- McGill co-authors book on policing's impact on those in uniform
- Collin Zeigler selected as a Chancellor's Student of the Month
- Pickler earns first at Gulf Coast Steinway Society Awards Music Festival
- Student Government Association leaders installed for 2015-16
- Ribando's composition to be performed by Virginia orchestra
- Two NWF State College students named Coca-Cola Leaders of Promise Scholars
- Smith recognized as top welding instructor in region
- Foundation scholarship propels Cadey Moody toward bachelor’s degree
- Collegiate High's Sarah Pabst signs to golf for Crimson Tide
- SGA attends statewide legislative and leadership conference in Miami
- Central Gulf Industrial Alliance endorses NWF State College welding program
- New college police department now patrolling two campuses
- SGA members attend Florida College System Student Government Association conference
- Northwest Florida State College setting the pace for environmental excellence
- Winners named in 30th James and Christian LaRoche Poetry Contest
- Father and son share Raider championship bond
- Former Raider softball star earns national player of the week honors
- NWF State College Vice-President Emeritus, Dr. David Goetsch, Inducted into Florida Veterans Hall of Fame
Winners Named in 29th Annual James and Christian LaRoche Memorial Poetry Contest
Two Collegiate High School students have been named winners of the 29th annual James and Christian LaRoche Memorial Poetry Contest.
Katie Dineen of Shalimar won first place and a cash prize of $100 for her poem "What Happens to a Dream Deferred?" Dineen's poem will be published in the 2015 issue of Northwest Florida State College's annual journal of art and literature, "Blackwater Review." The poem will be identified in the publication as the contest winner.
Savannah Gahagan of Destin placed second with her poem "Things I'd Like to Say." Gahagan will be awarded a cash prize of $50.
Dineen and Gahagan - both sophomores at Collegiate High School - will be recognized and awarded their prize money at the Student Awards Day convocation in April.
The James and Christian LaRoche Memorial Poetry Contest is open to all NWF State College undergraduates.
For almost 30 years, the LaRoche name has been associated with poetry at NWF State College. In 1986, Christian LaRoche instituted the James N. LaRoche Memorial Poetry Contest to honor her late husband, who was a poet and an instructor at the college from 1968 to 1983. The name was changed after the death of Christian LaRoche, when the LaRoches' son, Frederic, changed the name to the James and Christian LaRoche Memorial Poetry Contest in honor of both of his parents and their commitment to the writing arts.