- NWF State College Student Interning with Oregon's Institute of Marine Biology
- Winners Named in 29th Annual James and Christian LaRoche Memorial Poetry Contest
- Mallett Named Army ROTC Superior Cadet for 2014-15
- Collegiate High Senior Named Forensics Student of the Month
- Jazz Ensemble Members Earn Top Honors at Pensacola Jazz Competition
- Bethany Fralish takes lessons learned at NWF State College with her on path to become teacher
- Vanessa Payne meets all challenges to reach goal of bachelor’s degree
- Benji Bell named FCSAA Male Athlete of the Year
- NWF State College students advance to SkillsUSA National Championships
- New Pacesetters selected at Northwest Florida State College
- Student nurses help children at diabetes camp
- New student ambassadors chosen at Northwest Florida State College
- CBA’s Alison McDowell celebrated as a local hero
- McGill co-authors book on policing's impact on those in uniform
- Collin Zeigler selected as a Chancellor's Student of the Month
- Pickler earns first at Gulf Coast Steinway Society Awards Music Festival
- Student Government Association leaders installed for 2015-16
- Ribando's composition to be performed by Virginia orchestra
- Two NWF State College students named Coca-Cola Leaders of Promise Scholars
- Smith recognized as top welding instructor in region
- Foundation scholarship propels Cadey Moody toward bachelor’s degree
- Collegiate High's Sarah Pabst signs to golf for Crimson Tide
- SGA attends statewide legislative and leadership conference in Miami
- Central Gulf Industrial Alliance endorses NWF State College welding program
- New college police department now patrolling two campuses
- SGA members attend Florida College System Student Government Association conference
- Northwest Florida State College setting the pace for environmental excellence
- Winners named in 30th James and Christian LaRoche Poetry Contest
- Father and son share Raider championship bond
- Former Raider softball star earns national player of the week honors
- NWF State College Vice-President Emeritus, Dr. David Goetsch, Inducted into Florida Veterans Hall of Fame
- Dr. Devin Stephenson Selected for SACSCOC Board of Trustees
Mallett Named Army ROTC Superior Cadet for 2014-15
Austin Mallett has been honored with the Superior Cadet Decoration Award for the 2014-15 academic year, presented to the outstanding cadet in the Army ROTC program at Northwest Florida State College.
Maj. Christopher Duckworth, who oversees the ROTC program, said the award is given to a cadet who shows potential and exhibits academic success.
"He has displayed great leadership potential," Duckworth said of Mallet, who also has earned placement on the President's List or Dean's List during his time at NWF State College.
The award was presented in Pensacola on April 9. Mallett did not know he was going to be the recipient until the announcement. He said he was shocked but also grateful that all of the time and work he put into the ROTC program and his academics were being recognized.
Mallett said the experience of serving in the ROTC program at NWF State College has been valuable in helping him to develop and improve as a person.
"Being able to apply Army values in life doesn't just make you a better soldier but a better person in general," he said.
A sister program of the Army ROTC program at the University of West Florida, the Raider platoon consists of 19 members and has room to grow.
Mallett will graduate with his Associate in Arts degree in May. He plans to attend Florida State University and major in criminology with a minor in underwater forensics. After college he plans to join the Army and serve in military intelligence.
Mallett, who graduated from Choctawhatchee High School in 2013 and now lives in Niceville, also is a RaiderRep student ambassador.