- NWF State College Student Interning with Oregon's Institute of Marine Biology
- Winners Named in 29th Annual James and Christian LaRoche Memorial Poetry Contest
- Mallett Named Army ROTC Superior Cadet for 2014-15
- Collegiate High Senior Named Forensics Student of the Month
- Jazz Ensemble Members Earn Top Honors at Pensacola Jazz Competition
- Bethany Fralish takes lessons learned at NWF State College with her on path to become teacher
- Vanessa Payne meets all challenges to reach goal of bachelor’s degree
- Benji Bell named FCSAA Male Athlete of the Year
- NWF State College students advance to SkillsUSA National Championships
- New Pacesetters selected at Northwest Florida State College
- Student nurses help children at diabetes camp
- New student ambassadors chosen at Northwest Florida State College
- CBA’s Alison McDowell celebrated as a local hero
- McGill co-authors book on policing's impact on those in uniform
- Collin Zeigler selected as a Chancellor's Student of the Month
- Pickler earns first at Gulf Coast Steinway Society Awards Music Festival
- Student Government Association leaders installed for 2015-16
- Ribando's composition to be performed by Virginia orchestra
- Two NWF State College students named Coca-Cola Leaders of Promise Scholars
- Smith recognized as top welding instructor in region
- Foundation scholarship propels Cadey Moody toward bachelor’s degree
- Collegiate High's Sarah Pabst signs to golf for Crimson Tide
- SGA attends statewide legislative and leadership conference in Miami
- Central Gulf Industrial Alliance endorses NWF State College welding program
- New college police department now patrolling two campuses
- SGA members attend Florida College System Student Government Association conference
- Northwest Florida State College setting the pace for environmental excellence
- Winners named in 30th James and Christian LaRoche Poetry Contest
- Father and son share Raider championship bond
- Former Raider softball star earns national player of the week honors
SGA Attends State Leadership Conference
Northwest Florida State College Student Government Association (SGA) officers and senators, along with advisor Aimee Watts, attended the Florida College System Student Government Association (FCSSGA) Leadership Conference Sept. 24-27 in Orlando.
SGA members attending were: Rachel Gilroy (president) of Freeport; Jessica Kim (vice president) of Niceville; Raymond Bolen (president pro-tempore) of DeFuniak Springs; Angela Roy (community service coordinator) of Destin; Sally Yang (sergeant at arms) of Crestview; Alijah Veneszee (senator) of Fort Walton Beach; Drew Hannah (senator) of Navarre; Stefan Makarov, Kirsten Dawson and Zach Zedicher (senators) of Niceville; and Sean Giovanneillo and Eddell Molina (senators) of Crestview.
During the four-day conference, students and advisors from across Florida attended workshops on leadership, communication and legislative issues. NWF State College also participated in a community service project in downtown Orlando at the Salvation Army, helping sort school supplies and cleaning a housing area.
Three NWF State College students were elected to serve on the district level: Rachel Gilroy as secretary, Sean Giovanneillo as jurisprudence, and Sally Yang as service learning chair. In addition, Watts took over as the FCSSGA state advisor.
FCSSGA represents the nearly 1 million students enrolled in the Florida College System's 28 colleges. The organization promotes legislative advocacy and training, leadership development, service learning, promotion of campus activities, and strong citizenship. All of this is done in order to support the main mission and purpose of FCSSGA, which is "to unify the member colleges in order to best attend to the appropriate concerns of the students of the Florida Community College system and serve as a vehicle to communicate these concerns to the Florida Legislative Body."
For more information on NWF State College SGA or FCSSGA, contact Aimee Watts at email@example.com or 850-729-5277.