- NWF State College Student Interning with Oregon's Institute of Marine Biology
- Winners Named in 29th Annual James and Christian LaRoche Memorial Poetry Contest
- Mallett Named Army ROTC Superior Cadet for 2014-15
- Collegiate High Senior Named Forensics Student of the Month
- Jazz Ensemble Members Earn Top Honors at Pensacola Jazz Competition
- Bethany Fralish takes lessons learned at NWF State College with her on path to become teacher
- Vanessa Payne meets all challenges to reach goal of bachelor’s degree
- Benji Bell named FCSAA Male Athlete of the Year
- NWF State College students advance to SkillsUSA National Championships
- Spotlight Example
- NWF State College Energy Savings: Chalk up a million for good behavior
Number of scholarships awarded rises 66 percent
NICEVILLE - Two luncheons were held on consecutive Fridays in late October to recognize donors who have provided scholarship opportunities for Northwest Florida State College students through donations to the College Foundation, and to give them an opportunity to meet the scholars who are the beneficiaries of those donations.
Five years ago, the Foundation awarded 257 scholarships during the academic year. This year, 426 scholarships have been awarded -- a 66 percent increase. As a result of this growth, the traditional Scholars & Donors Luncheon was split over two days. In all, more than 350 people attended the two luncheons.
Donor Wilma Shaw (left) of Waste Management shares a moment with scholarship recipient Branda Sisavath.