- NWF State College Student Interning with Oregon's Institute of Marine Biology
- Winners Named in 29th Annual James and Christian LaRoche Memorial Poetry Contest
- Mallett Named Army ROTC Superior Cadet for 2014-15
- Collegiate High Senior Named Forensics Student of the Month
- Jazz Ensemble Members Earn Top Honors at Pensacola Jazz Competition
- Bethany Fralish takes lessons learned at NWF State College with her on path to become teacher
- Vanessa Payne meets all challenges to reach goal of bachelor’s degree
- Benji Bell named FCSAA Male Athlete of the Year
- NWF State College students advance to SkillsUSA National Championships
- Spotlight Example
- NWF State College Energy Savings: Chalk up a million for good behavior
Westbrook Named National Women's Basketball Player of the Week
Northwest Florida State College's Simone Westbrook has been named the national Division I Women's Basketball Player of the Week by the National Junior College Athletic Association.
During the week of Jan. 12-18, Westbrook led the 19-1 Lady Raiders to victories over Gulf Coast State and then-No. 1 Chipola. Westbrook, a sophomore guard from Chandler, Ariz., earlier had been named the Florida College System Activities Association Women's Player of the Week.
Westbrook averaged 22 points, 5 rebounds, 8 assists and 3.5 steals in the two games during the voting period. She helped the Raiders triumph in overtime at Gulf Coast, 96-92, on Jan. 14, scoring eight of her 22 points in the extra period and recording one of her 10 assists on the go-ahead basket in OT. Three days later on Jan. 17, she led NWF past Chipola, 67-54, with 22 points, six rebounds, six assists and six steals.
For the week, Westbrook shot 53.8 percent (14-of-26) from the field, 46.2 percent (6-of-13) from the three-point line, and 76.9 percent (10-of-13) from the free throw line.