- NWF State College Student Interning with Oregon's Institute of Marine Biology
- Winners Named in 29th Annual James and Christian LaRoche Memorial Poetry Contest
- Mallett Named Army ROTC Superior Cadet for 2014-15
- Collegiate High Senior Named Forensics Student of the Month
- Jazz Ensemble Members Earn Top Honors at Pensacola Jazz Competition
- Bethany Fralish takes lessons learned at NWF State College with her on path to become teacher
- Vanessa Payne meets all challenges to reach goal of bachelor’s degree
- Benji Bell named FCSAA Male Athlete of the Year
- NWF State College students advance to SkillsUSA National Championships
- New Pacesetters selected at Northwest Florida State College
- Student nurses help children at diabetes camp
- New student ambassadors chosen at Northwest Florida State College
- CBA’s Alison McDowell celebrated as a local hero
- McGill co-authors book on policing's impact on those in uniform
- Collin Zeigler selected as a Chancellor's Student of the Month
- Pickler earns first at Gulf Coast Steinway Society Awards Music Festival
- Student Government Association leaders installed for 2015-16
- Ribando's composition to be performed by Virginia orchestra
- Two NWF State College students named Coca-Cola Leaders of Promise Scholars
- Smith recognized as top welding instructor in region
- Foundation scholarship propels Cadey Moody toward bachelor’s degree
- Collegiate High's Sarah Pabst signs to golf for Crimson Tide
- SGA attends statewide legislative and leadership conference in Miami
- Central Gulf Industrial Alliance endorses NWF State College welding program
- New college police department now patrolling two campuses
- SGA members attend Florida College System Student Government Association conference
- Northwest Florida State College setting the pace for environmental excellence
- Winners named in 30th James and Christian LaRoche Poetry Contest
- Father and son share Raider championship bond
- Former Raider softball star earns national player of the week honors
- NWF State College Vice-President Emeritus, Dr. David Goetsch, Inducted into Florida Veterans Hall of Fame
- Dr. Devin Stephenson Selected for SACSCOC Board of Trustees
- Myers donates $1 million to the Northwest Florida State College Learning Resources Center and establishes College Scholarships
- Northwest Florida State College Foundation Announces Dale E. Peterson Hospitality Scholarship Endowment
- Collegiate High Instructor Named as High Impact Teacher
- NWF alumna Emily Hils continues on a path of success
- Collegiate High Student Cailey Ness selected as National Merit Finalist
- Collegiate High Student Nick Gestring will represent NWF in Washington D.C.
- NWF Jazz Band Earns Accolades and Will Perform Free Concert
- NWF alumni honored with Navy Meritorious Civilian Service Award
NWF State College students advance to SkillsUSA National Championships
Six Northwest Florida State College students enrolled in career and technical education programs are headed to the SkillsUSA National Championships after earning gold medals at the state-level SkillsUSA competition in Lakeland.
The six students who won gold medals qualifying them to advance to nationals are: Kameron Legg of Baker, computer programming; Caitlin Slater of Crestview, dental assisting; Thomas Myers of Crestview, technical drafting; and the welding fabrication team of James Darr of Baker, Benjamin Dean of Valparaiso, and Jack Jensen of Niceville. In addition to the six gold medalists at the state competition, Mary Helen Swisher of Fort Walton Beach took silver in early childhood education.
The SkillsUSA National Championships, a showcase for the best career and technical education students in the nation, will be held June 22-26 in Louisville, Ky. More than 6,000 students - all state contest winners - will compete hands-on in 100 different trade, technical and leadership fields. Students work against the clock and each other, proving their expertise in their areas of study. Contests are run with the help of industry, trade associations and labor organizations, and test competencies are set by industry.
Last year's national competition in Kansas City saw three NWF State College students compete, and all three brought home medals.
SkillsUSA state medal winners (L-R): Kameron Legg, Thomas Myers, Mary Helen Swisher, Caitlin Slater, Benjamin Dean, Jack Jensen, and James Darr.