- NWF State College Student Interning with Oregon's Institute of Marine Biology
- Winners Named in 29th Annual James and Christian LaRoche Memorial Poetry Contest
- Mallett Named Army ROTC Superior Cadet for 2014-15
- Collegiate High Senior Named Forensics Student of the Month
- Jazz Ensemble Members Earn Top Honors at Pensacola Jazz Competition
- Bethany Fralish takes lessons learned at NWF State College with her on path to become teacher
- Vanessa Payne meets all challenges to reach goal of bachelor’s degree
- Benji Bell named FCSAA Male Athlete of the Year
- NWF State College students advance to SkillsUSA National Championships
Lady Raiders 2014 NJCAA All-Star Showcase
The Lady Raiders will be well represented at an annual gathering of the premier women's
junior college basketball players in the nation.
Five Lady Raiders returning for the upcoming season have been nominated to represent Northwest Florida State College in the 2014 NJCAA All-Star Showcase. The event, featuring 40 of the top junior college basketball players in the country, will be held for the second straight year at The Arena on the college's main campus in Niceville.
Four Lady Raiders will definitely participate, with a fifth serving as an alternate. The participating players include guard Simone Westbrook, the defending Panhandle Player of the Year and a First-Team All-American, as well as guard Lindsey Jennings and post players Alliyah Smith and Tyshara Fleming. First-Team Panhandle Conference performer Takisha Jordan, who had been nominated to play but was not selected due to injury, has since recovered and will serve as an alternate.
In all, the Lady Raiders will return six players for the 2014-15 season, including guard Tia Sanders, a redshirt freshman who was injured and sat out last year.
The showcase event - part of the sixth annual NJCAA All-Star Weekend July 25-27 - will allow the best players in the nation to compete under one roof and be exposed to Division I coaches and scouts. Games are scheduled for 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. on July 26, and at 10 a.m. and noon on July 27. Tickets will be available at the gate. In addition to the competition on the court, the All-Star Weekend also includes a coaches' clinic, business meeting, and the NJCAA Women's Basketball Hall-of-Fame induction ceremony.
For more information, visit www.nwfraiders.com or call (850) 729-5379.