Board of Trustees Charge to Presidential Search Advisory Committee
The Board of Trustees (Board) and members of the NWFSC community appreciate your willingness to serve on the Presidential Search Advisory Committee (PSAC) as it undertakes the important work that will lead to the appointment of the next president of the College. The Board has engaged the professional services of Academic Search, Inc. (AS) to assist in this vital undertaking.
The following charge outlines key expectations the Board has of the search process and the responsibilities and authority granted to the PSAC:
- The Chair of the PSAC shall be the sole spokesperson for the Committee.
- The PSAC will adopt a timetable that will permit the appointment of a President by April 15, 2010 or as soon thereafter as possible.
- The PSAC will develop a statement of desired candidate qualifications for recommendation and approval by the Board. The statement will guide the search and screening process and be shared with potential candidates and nomination sources. This statement of qualifications will be informed by the vision and goals of the institution and a formal assessment of the institution’s challenges and opportunities as they relate to presidential leadership of the College.
- The PSAC, with the assistance of AS, will conduct an active national search to attract a highly qualified and diverse pool of candidates and will develop the necessary strategies, processes and procedures to achieve that objective. The search will be conducted in a manner that reflects the values of the College and its standards of professional conduct.
- The Chair of the PSAC will make periodic general reports to members of the College community and the Board about the progress of the search.
- The PSAC will observe strict compliance with the laws of the State of Florida for activities that are purely advisory in nature. These include but are not limited to statutes governing Open Meetings and Open Records.
- The PSAC will recommend at least three and preferably no more than five finalist candidates evaluated as highly qualified to assume the position of College President. The recommended candidates shall be unranked by the committee.
Upon submission of its recommendation, the PSAC will have completed its responsibilities and will be dissolved. The College President is appointed by the Board of Trustees and serves under its direction.
Adopted 9/15/09 NWFSC Board of Trustees