Associate in Science
This program is designed to provide the education and skill development to prepare students for entry-level employment or supplemental training for persons previously or currently employed in the field. Students will learn the skills necessary to implement effective and comprehensive information security controls, integrity, and information systems within varied industries.
After successful completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of computer hardware.
- Demonstrate an understanding of networked environments, hardware, and software.
- Install and configure secure network systems software and utilities.
- Demonstrate proficiency with Internet structure, organization, and navigation.
- Demonstrate an understanding of network access control systems and methodology.
- Describe cryptography concepts, standards, and applications.
- Perform telecommunications and network security activities.
- Demonstrate an understanding of Database Management Systems (DBMS).
- Perform administrative tasks related to database security.
- Demonstrate an understanding of E-commerce.
- Perform tasks related to e-commerce security.
- Perform web site management activities.
- Design and implement physical security measures.
- Perform operation and security management practices.
- Employ applications and systems development security techniques.
- Develop business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
- Describe ethical issues, pertinent laws, and how to conduct investigations.
- Perform general organizational computing workplace competencies.
- Perform project planning and management activities.
- Perform documentation and technical reference activities.