Associate in Science
This program is designed to provide the education and skill development to prepare students for entry-level employment or supplemental training for persons previously or currently employed in the field. Students will learn the skills necessary to implement effective and comprehensive information security controls, integrity, and information systems within varied industries.
After successful completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of computer hardware.
- Demonstrate an understanding of networked environments, hardware, and software.
- Install and configure secure network systems software and utilities.
- Demonstrate proficiency with Internet structure, organization, and navigation.
- Demonstrate an understanding of network access control systems and methodology.
- Describe cryptography concepts, standards, and applications.
- Perform telecommunications and network security activities.
- Demonstrate an understanding of Database Management Systems (DBMS).
- Perform administrative tasks related to database security.
- Demonstrate an understanding of E-commerce.
- Perform tasks related to e-commerce security.
- Perform web site management activities.
- Design and implement physical security measures.
- Perform operation and security management practices.
- Employ applications and systems development security techniques.
- Develop business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
- Describe ethical issues, pertinent laws, and how to conduct investigations.
- Perform general organizational computing workplace competencies.
- Perform project planning and management activities.
- Perform documentation and technical reference activities.
- 60 Credits
- 2-Year program
- No certificates are currently available for this program.
Employment of information security analysts is projected to grow 28 percent from 2016 to 2026, much faster than the average for all occupations. Demand for information security analysts is expected to be very high, as these analysts will be needed to create innovative solutions to prevent hackers from stealing critical information or causing problems for computer networks.*
The median annual wage for information security analysts was $92,600 in May 2016.*
Average or Median Salary