Associate in Science
The Northwest Florida State College Welding Program can provide the skills, knowledge, and customized training required to be a professional welder, and prepares graduates for entry into the job market.
The program positions you to earn nationally recognized credentials with completion of the NCCER (National Center for Construction Education and Research) courses in the program. It provides instruction in all common manual welding and cutting processes. Training includes:
- Oxy/Fuel cutting
- Plasma cutting and welding with “TIG” (GTAW), “Stick” (SMAW), “MIG” (GMAW)
- Flux cored wires on regular steel, stainless steel and aluminum plate and various pipe in all positions.
This program will prepare you for certification tests in specific welding code, such as:
- AWS D1.1 – Structural Welding Code, API 1104
- Welding of Pipelines Code
- ASME Sec IX – Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code