NWF State College offers a comprehensive program of non-credit instruction designed to improve the employability and life skills of adult students. Courses are offered in Adult Basic Education (ABE), English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL), and GED preparation. Each adult education course is offered for a small set fee each semester, which includes materials and supplies.
The adult education program is designed for adults who have academic skills below the ninth grade level, those who do not have a high school diploma or those who have a primary language other than English. Special program emphasis is placed on preparing the student to become college ready. Students enrolled in adult education will receive free transition services to become college ready. These services include preparation for the college placement test, career exploration and assessment, developing a career pathway, financial aid and scholarship assistance, and career readiness skills.
Adult Education and Literacy General Contact Information
- NWF State College Main Line: (850) 678-5111
- NWFSC Career Center: (850) 729-5227
- GED and ESL Information: (850) 729-5387
English for Speakers of Other Languages Contact Information
- Niceville, Main Campus: (850) 729-5387
- DeFuniak Springs, Chautauqua Center: (850) 892-8100
- Fort Walton Beach Campus: (850) 863-6534
- Crestview, Robert L.F. Sikes Education Center: (850) 689-7911
- South Walton Center: (850) 267-2888