- What is the Last Mile to Completion?
This program is part of Governor Ron DeSantis’s Executive Order in which state colleges provide tuition waivers or scholarships for former students who are within 12 credit hours of completing their first degree. Sometimes life or lack of finances gets in the way of students finishing their degree, and this initiative helps students complete a degree for work or transfer purposes.
- Who is eligible for the Last Mile to Completion
- The student must be a current Florida resident.
- The student must have left Northwest Florida State College in good academic standing. That means no financial aid or academic suspension or dismissal and a minimum 2.0 grade point average. Students with delinquent accounts will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- The student must be within 12 credits hours of completing his or her first degree.
- The student must have attended NWFSC within the past eight years.
- The student must not have attended NWFSC within the last two semesters.
- The student must have completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) demonstrating financial need.
- What if I have questions?
Contact Student Success Navigation, firstname.lastname@example.org, or 850-502-2895. Trained staff will be available to answer your questions and determine if you qualify.