Job Corps Scholars Program
Attend School at No Cost to You
Northwest Florida State College has been awarded a Department of Labor grant to fund the Job Corps Scholars program. The program is a non-residential program designed for individuals who may be unemployed, underemployed, and/or limited to low-wage jobs who wish to attain meaningful employment in a specific skill area. The NWFSC Job Corps Scholars program strategically includes career technical training that meets regional employment demands, provides diversity of choice for potential Job Corps Scholars participants, and is offered throughout Okaloosa and Walton Counties. This program connects young adults with the training and instruction they need to be successful in today’s job market.
What are the program benefits?
- Covers the cost of attendance for up to 12 months (tuition & fees)
- A personal counselor to support your academic and career success
- Additional personal supportive services such as school supplies, books and transportation
- Up to 12 months of employment assistance with an assigned employment specialist
- Student events and workshops (personal growth, financial planning and some just for fun)
What are the eligibility requirements?
- Be a U.S citizen or meet residency requirements for federal financial assistance
- Be between the ages of 16 – 24
- Demonstrate financial need
- Demonstrate need for additional education/career services
- Be a new student (Students currently attending or considered as a transfer student are not eligible)
- Undergo the Job Corps Scholars program interview process
Summer Job Corps Scholars Info Sessions
- Join one of Job Corps Scholars staff members online via ZOOM every Thursday at 3:00 p.m. until July 29, 2021. Participants will learn about this new grant opportunity, program benefits, eligibility requirements, and the training programs that are completely covered by the Job Corps Scholars program! To register for any upcoming information sessions, please click the link below.
- Register for the Next Session: https://nwfsc.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_fxLqMTJVST6EONEXcIYuUw
Community Agencies & Partners:
- Join one of Job Corps Scholars staff members online via ZOOM the 1st Wednesday of each month at 3 p.m. through December 1, 2021. Participants will learn about the JC Scholars Program, the program benefits, eligibility requirements and the application process. Participants will brainstorm with the leader to identify ways that NWFSC might partner with them to better serve the students.
- To register for a session please click the following link: https://nwfsc.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_yAKZKzl7SgyrUIPJNw3pCw . After the registration is complete, you will receive the ZOOM information in your email.Feel free to share this information with other agencies and/or organizations in your community.
Explore Certificate Programs supported by the JC Scholars Program:
Early Childhood Education
Emergency Administration & Management
Hospitality & Tourism Management
Public Safety Management
Programs with an * require additional steps to admission. Visit our Selective Program Admissions page for more information.
This workforce product was funded by a grant awarded by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration. The product was created by the grantee and does not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Labor. The U.S. Department of Labor makes no guarantees, warranties, or assurances of any kind, express or implied, with respect to such information, including any information on linked sites and including, but not limited to, accuracy of the information or its completeness, timeliness, usefulness, adequacy, continued availability, or ownership. This product is copyrighted by the institution that created it.