Northwest Florida State College Logo

Which degree is right for me?

I want to grow my career skills….

Short-term College Credit Certificates (CCC) and Career and Technical Certificates (CTC), which can typically be completed in a semester or two, will prepare you for entry-level employment in specific career fields or for career advancement.  Upon certificate completion, you may continue your education by transitioning into a companion AAS and AS degree as outlined in the Catalog.

I want to jumpstart my career….

The Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree and the Associate in Science (AS) degree gives you the option of completing your degree in two years and starting a career, or using your credits for seamless transition into one of NWF State College’s associated Bachelor of Applied Science or Bachelor of Science degrees.

I want to transfer to a major university….

Often referred to as a university transfer degree, the Associate in Arts degree (AA) is essentially your freshman and sophomore years in college. This two-year degree is where you will complete all the general education courses and any prerequisites, required for your selected transfer major, to easily transition to one of NWF State College’s bachelor’s degrees or to a state university.

I want an affordable four-year degree program….

NWF State College’s Bachelor of Applied Science (BAS) and Bachelor of Science (BS) degrees prepare students for the local workforce through quality programs offered at half the cost of similar programs offered at universities.