Northwest Florida State College Logo


An Ombudsman provides a safe and comfortable environment for students to discuss complaints, concerns, or problems privately. Please visit the Ombudsman page for more information.


Student Dispute Resolution

For additional information, please refer to the Collected Grievance Procedures found in the Student Handbook of the College Catalog.

Student Complaints
(Students must have made a reasonable effort to resolve the dispute informally.)

Academic Complaint
(Non-Grade Grievance)
A dispute with an instructor or department related to an in-class or in-program act or omission.Express Your Concern
Final Grade
Grievance Appeal
To appeal your final grade
within 30 days of final grade being posted.Express Your Concern
Non-Academic Complaint
A dispute with a College employee or department that did not take place within a class or program in relation to that class or program.Express Your Concern


Student Misconduct Incident Reports

Academic Integrity Incident Report
To report violations of Academic Integrity
such as academic dishonesty, program handbook violation, classroom misconduct, practical learning misconduct, or professional regulations violation.Express Your Concern
Student Code of Conduct Incident Report
To report a violation of the Student Code of Conduct, including but not limited to: theft, bullying, disruptive conduct, hazing, etc.Express Your Concern


Other Available Reports and Resources

Report Concerning Student Behavior
To report a student behavior concern.Express Your Concern
Incident and Injury Report
To report  a personal injury.Express Your Concern
Discrimination & Harassment/
Title IX Misconduct
To report a concern of discrimination
and/or harassment.Title IX Info
Campus Safety
For more information about Campus Safety or to file a police report.Campus Safety


If you are not satisfied with the resolution of the institution the student should visit the Florida College System Complaint Procedure Information webpage for information on how to file a complaint if it is believed that the complaint warrants additional investigation.

Licensing Agency: Florida Department of Education

  • Florida Department of Education
  • Division of Colleges
  • 325 West Gaines St, Suite 1544
  • Tallahassee, FL 32399-0400
  • (850) 245-0407

Florida DoE College Complaint Procedure Information

Out of State Distance Learning Complaint Process

Out-of-state Distance Education students who have completed the internal institutional grievance process and the applicable state grievance process may appeal non-instructional complaints to the FL-SARA PRDEC Council. For additional information on the complaint process, please visit the FL-SARA Complaint Process page.

Accrediting Agency: Southern Association of Colleges and Schools

  • Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
    1866 Southern Lane
    Decatur, GA 30033-4097
    (404) 679-4501

Complete the Commission’s Complaint Form and send two print copies to:

Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097

(To access the Commission’s complaint policy, procedures, and the Complaint Form, please see Complaint Procedures Against the Commission or Its Accredited Institutions.)

SACSCOC Complaint Policy

SACSCOC Accreditation Statement