November 29, 2018
Northwest Florida State College held a grand opening and ribbon cutting ceremony for their new Raider Central on Thursday, November 29 at 2 p.m. Raider Central is part of the College’s reimagined Student Success Center that was designed to be a modern concept where students receive all services in one location.
The college’s vision with Raider Central is to:
• Make the admissions process simpler for students by centralizing customer service;
• Provide students one office to complete the enrollment process;
• Expedite enrollment by ensuring students will be able to complete the entire enrollment process in less than an hour;
• Reduce wait times;
• Work side-by-side with students to solve their problems by eliminating walk-up windows;
• Improve speed and accuracy by consolidating back-office processing;
• Improve measures with a keen eye on completion and the retention of our students;
• Spend more time reaching out to students to proactively meet their needs.
“This year is all about making a significant impact, including more emphasis on creating clear, unobstructed pathways toward student success,” said Dr. Devin Stephenson, President. “We’ve been working on transformational changes to improve the quality of place and the quality of life at Northwest Florida State College and within our communities.”
The Student Success division of the College offered a guided tour of Raider Central after the ceremony concluded.
Photo Caption: (left to right) NWF Trustee Maj. Gen. Don Litke, USAF Ret.; NWF SGA President Drew Hannah; NWF Trustee Mrs. Charlotte Flynt; NWF Board of Trustees Chair Mr. Brian Pennington; NWF President Dr. Devin Stephenson; Florida College System Director of Learning, Innovation and Success Dr. Angela Long and NWF Board of Trustees Vice-Chair Maj. Gen. Rudy Wright, USAF Ret.