Associate in Science
This program is designed to provide the education and skill development to prepare students for entry-level employment or supplemental training for persons previously or currently employed in the field. Students interested in this program enjoy working with numbers, are organized. The knowledge and training acquired in this program can also be applied to many other managerial or supervisory positions in business and government.
After successful completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Prepare and use financial information about business organizations to support decision making.
- Manage business information using appropriate software.
- Demonstrate effective business communication skills.
- Evaluate business and financial information to support internal decision making.
- Prepare governmental tax forms, including income, payroll, and sales taxes.
- Consider the implications of professional values, ethics, and attitudes in business.
- Prepare or develop strategic or organizational skills.
- Prepare individual tax forms.