Computer Engineering Technology
Associate in Science
This program is designed to provide the education and skill development to prepare students for entry-level employment or supplemental training for persons previously or currently employed in the field. The training focuses on understanding and applying of hardware and software concepts, in addition to troubleshooting techniques to digital, microprocessor or computer-based systems. Assembly, installation, operation, maintenance, calibration, troubleshooting, repairing and designs are taught using a hands-on and theoretical approach.
After successful completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate proficiency in direct current circuits and network analysis.
- Demonstrate proficiency in alternating current circuits and network analysis.
- Demonstrate proficiency in analog electronics.
- Demonstrate proficiency in digital electronics.
- Demonstrate proficiency in microcomputers and computer systems architecture.
- Demonstrate proficiency in software engineering fundamentals.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the analysis and design of data and computer communications systems.
- Demonstrate proficiency with high-level computer programming languages, data structures, and operating system principles emphasizing the hardware/software interface.
- Demonstrate appropriate communication skills.
- Demonstrate proficiency in technical recording and reporting.
- Understand, install, configure and troubleshoot issues relating to computer hardware and software.