Associate in Science
This program is designed to provide the education and skill development to prepare students for entry-level employment or supplemental training for persons previously or currently employed in the field. Students will be instructed in the areas of data-entry, business communication (letters, forms, and reports), computer applications, office systems, budgets, customer services, and human resources.
After successful completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate effective business communication skills.
- Prepare and use financial information.
- Manage business information using appropriate software.
- Perform records management activities.
- Perform accounting activities.
- Demonstrate employability and workplace skills.
- Perform information processing activities.
- Develop leadership skills.
- Develop strategic organizational skills.
- Perform office management activities.
- Participate in work-based learning experiences.
- 60 Credits
- 2-Year program
Employment of office and administrative support occupations is projected to show little or no change from 2016 to 2026. Technology is expected to substitute or supplant some functions that workers in office and administrative support occupations do.
The median annual wage for office and administrative support occupations was $34,050 in May 2016, below the median for all occupations of $37,040.
Average or Median Salary