February 18, 2020
No. NWFSC does not currently offer on-campus housing, nor are we able to accommodate off-campus housing requests or assistance. All international students are responsible for securing their own housing and transportation options prior to arrival in the United States. Here are some important things to consider when searching for housing options:
- Most leasing/rental companies will require a criminal background check and, therefore, ask you for some personal information before agreeing to rent or lease a property to you.
- If you do not have a United States Social Security Number or credit score, some leasing/rental companies will require that you provide 2-3 times the standard deposit for a property and may ask to see proof of funds.
- Some companies may ask for a copy of your F-1 visa and/or admission letter from NWFSC.
- NWFSC is located in an area that sees a lot of tourism, so plan ahead as certain properties may be booked far in advance.
- BE SAFE! Do not work with companies that do not have websites. Check online property reviews and crime reports. Do not be afraid to ask questions before signing a lease agreement.
- Prices will vary based on location and size of property.
- Most companies will require you to sign a 12-month lease or rental agreement. This is standard.
NWFSC does not and cannot recommend a specific property or company.