October 31, 2018
This two-year Nursing program, which is nationally accredited by Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), leads to an Associate in Science (A.S.) in Nursing degree (see Accreditation for more details about ACEN. Current Florida Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) may complete the program in three semesters, not including summer. Graduates of the Nursing program are eligible to apply for licensure by examination to become Registered Nurses (RNs). They are also prepared to continue their education, and can smoothly transition into the RN to BSN program offered at NWF State College.
The Associate in Science in Nursing has a twice-a-year application/admissions process (Fall and Spring). Applicants must complete a program application in addition to the college application, must meet or exceed the minimum cumulative GPA requirement, and must pass the Nursing Admission Examination in order to be considered for selection into the program.
Students selected for this program must meet matriculation criteria, including a criminal background check, drug screen, and CPR Certification, as required by clinical facilities.
For more details about the selection process, please choose your track below to access all application materials and selection criteria. Contact the Nursing Department at (850) 729-6400 for additional information.
Choose Your Track
Before program admission
As part of your application process, please ensure you complete the tasks below.
The deadline to apply for Spring admissions is July 1. The deadline to apply for Fall admission is March 1.
- Complete the online information session and submit the post-test confirmation form, which is found in the application packet
- Complete the A.S. Nursing Program Application
- Take the HESI Admission Exam. The HESI exam can be taken March 2 – July 1 for Spring applications and July 2- March 1 for Fall applications. Instructions for scheduling the HESI exam can be found in the application packet.
After program admission
Information will be sent to you upon selection into the program for more information about how to complete the items below.
- Attend mandatory orientation (Failure to attend results in removal from program)
- Physical examination
- Proof of immunization
- Drug screen
- Criminal background check/fingerprinting
Fall Application Period: July 2-March 1
Spring Application Period: March 2-July 1
See All News
Back to News Center