October 31, 2018
Paramedics are the highest trained and educated pre-hospital provider of emergency medicine. In the Paramedic program, students are provided the highest quality education to prepare to become competent leaders in the high pace work of Emergency Medical Services. The Paramedic program at NWF State College is accredited by the Committee on Accreditation for the EMS Professions (CoAEMSP).
The Paramedic program is three semesters beyond the Emergency Medical Technician Basic level and prepares students to apply for the Florida or National Registry Paramedic board examination. The Paramedic Certificate program is a Limited Admission College Credit Certificate. Students admitted to this program must have a high school diploma or GED and meet other applicable admission criteria (including documentation of current Florida Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Certification).
The curriculum for this program forms the core of the Emergency Medical Services Associate in Science degree program. Contact the EMS Office at (850) 729-4924 for additional information.
Northwest Florida State College does not accept credentialed or non-credentialed students for advanced placement into the Paramedic Program.
Transfer of Credits
Northwest Florida State College does not accept transfer of credits for the Paramedic Program.
Northwest Florida State College Paramedic Program does not award students credit(s) for experiential learning.
How to Apply
- Meet general admissions requirements.
- Apply online for admission into the EMT program. Select “CC-Emergency Medical Technician” from the dropdown box under “Intended Program of Study.”
- Complete the Paramedic application packet.
- Submit the completed, original application packet containing the above materials online.
Before program admission
- Certified background check
- Complete drug screen
- Complete a Paramedic health evaluation
- Possess a valid EMT license
After program admission
- Attend mandatory orientation (Failure to attendance results in removal from the program).
See All News
Back to News Center