Workforce Development Programs
Expert Training for our Community’s Active Workforce
- Industry Training and Consulting
- Registered Apprenticeships
- Professional Development and Certifications
- American Heart Association Training
- Leadership Initiatives @ the Costa Leadership Institute
Industry Training & Consulting
Our Professional and Workforce Training department specializes in training and advising to meet the needs for businesses, industries, and individuals. Training includes a myriad of courses and workshops in areas such as management, accounting and finance, manufacturing, hospitality, electronics, computers, quality, and technology. Please contact the department for current training options.
Our staff works closely with business and industry partners in conducting needs assessments and developing industry-specific curriculum that include support such as:
- On-site Training
- On-campus Training
- Customized Training specific to your needs
- Experienced Facilitators
- Credit and Non-credit Training Programs
- Industry Credentials
- Strategy Development
- Workforce & Workplace Planning
Grant Opportunities are available to assist businesses and individuals with funding their training.
Tax Practitioner Update Seminar – $360
November 30th & December 1st, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Not all learning fits into a traditional academic model and at Northwest Florida State College, we are committed to helping our community and businesses attract and retain a talented, vibrant, and skilled workforce. A registered apprenticeship program blends classroom instruction and On-the-Job learning to provide businesses with a proven solution for recruiting, training, and retaining world-class talent.
What is a Registered Apprenticeship?
- Nationally recognized programs
- Earn and learn model for newly hired or existing employees
- Provides on-the-job learning and job-related technical instruction
- Over 1,000 available occupations
- Typical programs range from one year to four years to complete
- Can include academic credit courses, non-credit courses, and industry credentials
The Professional & Workforce Training team at NWF State College has experience helping companies design training plans and develop apprenticeship models that work for them. These apprenticeship programs are completely customizable for each company.
Apprenticeship occupations include: Carpentry, Plumbing, CNC, Culinary, HVAC, Building Maintenance Repair, Computer Support Specialist, and Network Systems Administrator.
Online Certification Training
In today’s competitive professional climate, earning certifications and continuing education units is key to building and maintaining your reputation as a trusted industry leader. Most training programs offered in-class and online.
Some of our Certification Courses include:
- PMP Certification Exam Prep
- CompTIA Security+, Network +, Linux+, and A+ (Test Vouchers included)
- Microsoft Office Certifications
- Microsoft Product Training
- Cisco CCNA prep
- High School Diploma with Industry Training included
- Many More
American Heart Association Training Center
Northwest Florida State College offers the following classes in partnership with the American Heart Association. View each course’s schedule below and enroll via the online enrollment form.
Course Fee: $65
The AHA’s BLS Course provides the foundation for saving lives from cardiac arrest. It teaches both single-rescuer and team basic life support skills for application in both prehospital and in-facility environments, with a focus on high-quality CPR and team dynamics.
All classes will be taught in person and limited to no more than 6 students per class. In the event that classes are moved online, you will be notified of the change.
For questions regarding AHA guidelines, please contact AHA TCC Don Pendergraft – email@example.com
Leadership Initiatives @ the Costa Leadership Institute
Northwest Florida State College offers professional and leadership education opportunities at the Costa Leadership Institute, a world-class training location on the Niceville Campus. This location provides a flexible and technologically advanced learning environment that is safe, healthy, comfortable, aesthetically pleasing and accessible.
Below are some of the Leadership Initiatives held at the Costa Leadership Institute.
Request More Information