Does NWFSC provide campus housing?

No. NWFSC does not currently offer on-campus housing, nor are we able to accommodate off-campus housing requests or assistance. All international students are responsible for securing their own housing and transportation options prior to arrival in the United States. Here are some important things to consider when searching for housing options: Most leasing/rental companies will… View Article

Can I be employed or work while on an F-1 Visa?

Your F-1 student status permits you to work on campus at the college while you are enrolled in a full course of study. Your NWFSC I-20 is your proof of work eligibility for part-time on-campus employment at NWFSC only. Pre-approval from a DSO is not required for part-time on-campus employment. You must maintain F-1 status… View Article

Do I need to check in with anyone after I arrive?

Yes. You must meet in person with one of two designated school officials: Ms. Heather Dietzold, These individuals will review your course schedule, confirm with SEVIS your arrival on campus, and go over other important information regarding maintaining your status as an F1 Visa holder while in the US. Failure to report to one of these individuals… View Article

What is a Form I-20 and why do I need it?

A Form I-20 is an official US Immigration document that will be provided to you after completion of all the admission requirements for international students. You may use the information contained on the digital copy to schedule your interview, but you will need the signed, paper copy of your I-20 before you go to a… View Article

When can I register for classes?

You are permitted to register for classes as soon as you receive notice of full admission via email. You are required to register only for courses that are part of your degree program. A Student Success Advisor will be available to assist you with this prior to your arrival.