Whether you’re taking a traditional, hybrid, or online course, you will find an online classroom available in Blackboard that provides tools and resources to help you succeed.
Get connected and stay connected to your classes by logging in to Blackboard frequently each week. In addition to checking the Activity Stream, the Calendar, and the Grades area (all accessible on the base navigation bar, the menu on the left when you log in), visit Courses and click on each of your online classrooms where your instructor may post additional information and instructions throughout the week.
What You Need to Know About Blackboard
You can add a picture to your Blackboard profile. Go to Blackboard Profile Help for more information. Choose a photo of yourself to give your classmates and instructor an idea of who they are meeting and engaging with. Uploading a headshot of yourself is essential to class presence and participation.
To view your grades, select the Gradebook icon in the top right corner of your course page. For more information about how to check grades in the Gradebook, go to Blackboard Gradebook Help.
Courses become available on the first day of the semester. You can search for your courses or filter them. You can search by course name or CRN (5-digit Course Reference Number).
To make a course a Favorite, click on the Star on the right hand side of the screen. Selecting a course as a favorite will always pin that course at the top of your course page.
Check with your instructor if you are not sure where to look for assignment due dates. Some instructors may list due dates in the course syllabus. For information about how to check due dates and add events on the calendar, go to Blackboard Calendar Help.
You can download the Blackboard mobile app on your mobile devices so that you can access your course on the go. The app was not designed to allow students to take courses entirely from their phone. NWF recommends that students access courses from their desktop computers or laptops to optimize their online experience. Download Mobile App.
To add a file or video to an assignment, use the icons in the tool bar. For more information, go to Blackboard Assignment Help.
Stay informed about upcoming events and your progress in your courses by viewing the Activity Stream. Check the Activity stream for announcements form your instructor, NWFSC, and LTech.
- Academic Success Center (Free Tutoring)
- Accommodations Resource Center
- Susan Myers Learning Resources Center
- Testing & Assessment Services
- Veterans Services
- Student Success Navigation
- NWF Online Home
- Grades or course assignments: Contact your instructor.
- Blackboard classroom: Contact the Learning Technologies staff by emailing [email protected] or visit NWF Online FAQ Menu.
- RaiderNet, email, Zoom or computer: Email [email protected] or submit a service ticket.
- Blackboard after business hours: For support after business hours contact the Blackboard Help Desk or call (833) 704-8190.
- Blackboard App for Mobile Devices: Go to the Blackboard Help page.